Hello again geeks! This week I’m hopefully ending a rather pointless debate. The debate between wizard and vampire, and the debate between a great female literary role model and, well, the definition of anti-feminism with a man-voice.
I give you, the battle between pop culture’s two favorite leading ladies:
Hermione Granger vs. Bella Swan
9. Hermione = know-it-all. Can be a tad annoying, but it’s useful. Bella = masochist. Add clumsy and she’s downright troublesome to have hanging around.
8. Hermione is a real bookworm, and puts her knowledge to use. Sorry Bella. I love me some Jane Austen, but romance novels won’t exactly help you when fighting the Dark Lord or the Volturi.
7. Hermione falls in love with a ginger. And he’s not “perfect”. I.e., he could actually exist (minus the whole wizard thing).
6. Bella, if ever in a pickle, would be in need of a sparkly vampire or pedophilic werewolf to rescue her. Hermione can take care of herself.
5. Renesmee? Really?
4. Hermione is the smartest witch of her age and prone only to the occasional emotional outburst. Bella spends a few months as a zombie after her stalker boyfriend busts a move.
3. Um, duh. Hermione can do magic! And use logic. Simultaneously.
2. Hermione doesn’t give up her life for any man. Without her, Harry and Ron would’ve been strangled by that Devil’s Snare ages ago.
1. Overall, the most important thing that sets Hermione apart from Bella and above her is that she never compromises who she is for anyone. She is smart, kind, noble, and always striving for the greater good. Bella, well, she’s a girl in love. Or, rather, obsession. Girlfriend needs to get a life.
May the geek be with you,